The STL or Sciences Technological of Laboratory is a very scientific sector with many differents subjects (Microbiology, biochemistry, Chemistry Biochemistry and Science of the alive, physical, mathematics…) and that’s why the week is really filled: 32 hours against 28.5 for the sector S (high school diploma). But with this sector it’s possible to discover many things concerning the daily life: the functioning of the body (proteins, various vital devices (urinary, digestive)), on the environment and what to entour us (the water, the medicine). One of the advantages is that the classes are not very filled ( 20-25 pupils) so the professors can better explain. But at the end of the year of the first one the court repeats enough (even works practice) only the element of search which changes for example on the practical class of volumetric dosages we shall change simply chemical substances.
Positifs point : we learn lot’s of think about bacterium and virus witch circle us during the daily life. We understand how function the medicine , antibiotic against them. We learn how use burner and glassware to disinfect the lab bench. The good side of STL is that they are many times of manipulation.
negatifs point: The main problem is timetable of lesson. We have 31 houres in 11th witch will past at 33.5 houres in 12th.
We have 8 houres of laboraty hich week . So it must like work in them.
In the science and laboratory technology, the lessons are composed of lessons in whole class of 25 and of laboratory work in group reduced of about 15 people.
The advantage are:
• The laboratory work (microscopic observation dissection, dosage, bacterial identification…)
• Smaller class compared to general class so more dialogue with the teachers which helps us more
• We talk about concrete things more interesting ( with a situation concrete in the laboratory work)
The inconvenient are:
• Busy week with 33 hours so we have very little break in the week
• We see the same teacher during 12 hours of the week for the laboratory work and the lessons of CBSV.
• In the chemistry, biochemistry and science of life (CBSV) the lessons are all know by heart.
Our time us:
• 2 hours of Spanish
• 1 or 2 hours of English
• 3 hours of French
• 4 hours of Math
• 4 hours of micro-biology
• 4 hours of biochemistry
• 3 hours of history
• 3 hours of physics chemistry