The STL or Sciences Technological of Laboratory is a very scientific sector with many differents subjects (Microbiology, biochemistry, Chemistry Biochemistry and Science of the alive, physical, mathematics…) and that’s why the week is really filled: 32 hours against 28.5 for the sector S (high school diploma). But with this sector it’s possible to discover many things concerning the daily life: the functioning of the body (proteins, various vital devices (urinary, digestive)), on the environment and what to entour us (the water, the medicine). One of the advantages is that the classes are not very filled ( 20-25 pupils) so the professors can better explain. But at the end of the year of the first one the court repeats enough (even works practice) only the element of search which changes for example on the practical class of volumetric dosages we shall change simply chemical substances.
Positifs point : we learn lot’s of think about bacterium and virus witch circle us during the daily life. We understand how function the medicine , antibiotic against them. We learn how use burner and glassware to disinfect the lab bench. The good side of STL is that they are many times of manipulation.
negatifs point: The main problem is timetable of lesson. We have 31 houres in 11th witch will past at 33.5 houres in 12th.
We have 8 houres of laboraty hich week . So it must like work in them.
In the science and laboratory technology, the lessons are composed of lessons in whole class of 25 and of laboratory work in group reduced of about 15 people.
The advantage are:
• The laboratory work (microscopic observation dissection, dosage, bacterial identification…)
• Smaller class compared to general class so more dialogue with the teachers which helps us more
• We talk about concrete things more interesting ( with a situation concrete in the laboratory work)
The inconvenient are:
• Busy week with 33 hours so we have very little break in the week
• We see the same teacher during 12 hours of the week for the laboratory work and the lessons of CBSV.
• In the chemistry, biochemistry and science of life (CBSV) the lessons are all know by heart.
Our time us:
• 2 hours of Spanish
• 1 or 2 hours of English
• 3 hours of French
• 4 hours of Math
• 4 hours of micro-biology
• 4 hours of biochemistry
• 3 hours of history
• 3 hours of physics chemistry
We have 4 hours a week .
During these 4 hours we study bacteria contaminations , evolution and destruction.
There are lots of rules to handle in security like Always wearing a lab coat because we can be contaminated all the time. The equipement is the bench, wash bottles,
Bunsen burners, safety goggles, a lab coat, heat resistant gloves, the fume hood.
We must wash the bench before and after working on it.
The bacteria which we manipulate can cause many pathologies so we wash it with bleach and we switch on the bensen burner to disinfect the bench. With these bacteria we can do a lot of experiments : gram(fixation of bacteria on blades to observe it),…
Breast cancer develops among women. We can distinguish five symptoms like: a lump Under the breast, nodes from the armpit, a change at the level of skin and nipple, a change of form or size and other symptoms:
- A lump under breast: A lump under breast is a clear sign of breast cancer. This lump doesn’t hurt but it’s hard and includes regular contours. It’s attached to the breast.
- Nodes from the armpit: There are several hard masses under the arm the don’t hurt.
- Change at the level of skin and nipple: The change at the level of skin can be a redness,an aspect of orange skin or oedema.
- Change of form or size: heat feelings can appear at the level of the breast.
- Other symptoms: if the disease is not detected, other symptoms can spread in the body like bone pain, nausea, loss of appetite, weight loss, panting, headaches and double vision.
Different treatments exist according to the case to treat breast cancer like surgery, radiotherapy, hormone therapy and chemotherapy. According to the case, this treatment can have different effects according to the person and level of tumor:
- Delete tumor
- Prevent tumor from coming back
- Slow down the development of tumor
- Improve the comfort of the person by drug
Straining iss a muscular damage that happens after a rupture of numerous muscular fibers.
Muscular straining takes place during a muscular effort (in 90% of cases straining is a sport accident)
The types of pain:
- Imposes an immediate stop of the activity
How can we recognize it ?
- Deformed aspect of the muscle
- Appearance of hematoma and oedema
- Important stretch
- Violent effort
- Excessive or insufficient training
How to avoid it
- Serious warm up
- Progressive training
- Adapted nutrition and hydration
A muscle is made up of several cells or muscle fibers organized in parallel bundles along the length of the muscle.
Each muscle fiber is itself composed of several myofibrils, intracellular units that contract and allow movement.
Straining at the molecular level:
The muscle fibers are “broken” and myocytes can no longer function
They are broken because their elasticity no longer works (they have been extended too much)
THERE ARE DIFFERENT TYPES OF FOOD
- Meats, fish and eggs: it allows an iron contribution and in proteins, which is essential for our muscles.
- Starchy foods, cereal and cereal products: we can find in this category pasta, potatoes, rice, bread, corn, oat flakes and semolina which bring carbohydrates in the form of sugar in the bodysuit
- Vegetables and fruits: this group brings vitamins, minerals and fibers as melon, pineapple, strawberry and salad and beans.
- Dairy products: this category brings some calcium and proteins, as yoghurts, milk and cheese.
- Fats: it is here that we find all which is oil, butter, fats of cooking, sour cream
- Suger products : we find in this category all that we call slow-burning sugar or quick-burning sugar.
- Drinks: as tea, coffee and water. These allow to hydrate the body, allow a contribution of mineral salts.